Sunday, April 8, 2012

Asteroids Deluxe Finished

As I often do, I neglected to get pics of some of the last stages of this project.

After getting the board back from road.runner, I picked up a sheet of the foam style poster board from Michael's (the store), and fashioned a bezel for the blue gel.  I purchased a gel from Wizzes workshop.  It was a hassel getting the cutout for the screen to look right, and also getting the gel to lay flat and wrinklefree was near impossible.

I had to glue down some bits of the background and touch up some faded areas with a black marker.  In the end the background looked quite nice.


I finished up a new back door.  The door turned out really well and I installed a new cam lock.



In the end the game looks quite good, not perfect, but really nice.




I'll post a set of before and after pics when I have the chance to get some better photos.  For now its finished, and I am quite happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment