Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HUO Jamma Part 2

I've been lazy on the posting, but managed to take a fair amount of pictures while working the other day.  The fussiest part of this build is over, the cutting and laminating of the panels.  I think I'm going to nickname these the ghost cabs, from the pictures they look pale and seem to float off the ground a bit.  Anyway here are some pics, nothing special to talk about really, everything is going as would be expected.  I'm happy with the size and profile, and Lizzette even mentioned that the cabinet was unobtrusive.

After preparing the panels, putting these cabinets together went really quick and easy.  Tonight and the night before, I brushed on a coat of polyurethane and sanded between coats. This was done only on the inside panels that will be exposed.  The wood grain is very attractive but I can only guess it will turn some people off.  I'm really trying to make this a simple design that is very easy to keep clean.






No comments:

Post a Comment