Friday, May 1, 2015

Pac Man gets capped

As I have posted about in the past, I usually have the game room/garage cleaned up and open for Halloween night.  Over the years I have drawn a small crowd of repeat visitors.

This last Halloween, one of my daughter's friends were playing Pac Man when the flyback transformer died and sent out a nasty cloud of smoke.  Not a big deal, the next day I swapped the G07 that was in the game for another that I had in reserve.  Just the other night I finally got around to doing a cap kit on it.  The horizontal output coil needs replaced but I didn't have one on hand.  The image was also too large to see the high score.  So for some reason I thought it would also be a good time to check the B+ voltage.  Good thing cause it was around 140V.  I adjusted it down to 120V and the screen shrank just enough to get the score on the screen.  I still need to replace that coil though.

So for posterity I decided to add a post here about the Pac Man.  I was looking at the blog the other day and noticed that the majority of my traffic is for the one Pac Man post were I'm applying the vinyl artwork.  Well folks here is a pic of how it turned out.  Nothing really special to see.  I suppose as Pac Man goes, this is a pretty nice one.  Better still would be to use the actual stenciled artwork painted on the cab as was original, but I'm not that much of a purist.

I had been having intermittent issues with the game not booting up.  So one day I got tired of that and sent it off to Slava Madrit to get it all fixed up.  You can find him on E-bay as Madrits. While he had it, he was kind enough to add the High Score kit that allows for initials to be entered, so that was special.

Oh and I added one of those little electronic Pac Man key chains to the mix, very special indeed. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment