Thursday, August 15, 2019

Control panel progress for Alien Syndrome

Just wanted to add a few pics here of what little progress I've made on the 3d printed control panel window replacements.




After a few versions, and modifications, I've managed to produce a workable solution. 
It's possible these won't fit correctly for other control panels, depending on how your printer is calibrated.  Also it's entirely possible the panels are all slightly different in size.

 In these pics the panels are being held in place only by the original nut and lock washers.  They seem to lay flat enough, but I may go back and add some VHB double-sided tape before finishing up with the control panel overlay.  I'd assume the CPO would help to hold the windows flat against the frame, and prevent flexing, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  




The instructions panel was missing one of the captive studs, and the panel has a slight bend from the damage.  Rather than try to hammer the bend out, I decided on just filling the depression with filler putty.  I also filled the holes previously made when a clear plexi panel was screwed to the control panel.



Here you see I've added the monitor, which is the Happ's Vision Pro I ordered years ago when they were still available.  It's nice and clear, and the colors are still great.
So there it is for now, hopefully wrapping this up soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment