Saturday, June 5, 2010

Once over and order parts.

Same as always here, I break out the Simple Green and the Magic Eraser and remove 25 years of spooge and bubble gum.  It cleans up nicely and would be A+ if not for the few places with torn or missing artwork.  The coveted shifter is still intact and the steering wheel is in great shape.  All the important parts are there and in great condition.  Inside it has the usual finger board burns and has had a switching power supply installed to provide the 5V.  The monitor is the original Matsushita TM202G.  The original power brick is still intact, with two Big Blue capacitors and a nasty looking fuse block.
I ended up by ordering a cap kit for the monitor, the Atari Power supply rebuild kit, and an extra Big Blue from Bob Roberts.  I know some of you wouldn't bother, but I always like to start with the power and work my way up.  Seems to work for me.  Besides, once the voltages are correct, most arcades just seem to work happily.
My daughter, Kylie, finds almost 5 dollars worth of tokens in the coin box and in the bottom of the cab.  Later that day we drive over to the now modern and updated Family Fun Center in Lakeland and play some laser tag and spent the tokens playing games. =) 


No comments:

Post a Comment