Friday, June 4, 2010

Prepare to Qualify

This was one killer score.  I was looking at ads placed on craigslist for a couple of games, I think they were Buck Hunter and Bowling something.  Neither of which I gave a crap about.  But none the less I was looking at the post and noticed this Pole Position cockpit in the background of one of the photos.  That got me excited so I wrote the guy back asking if he'd sell the Pole Position.  Weeks went by without a response, so I tried again.  After perhaps a month or so, the guy finally made me an offer, sweet!
I go out to look at this thing and it's in killer shape, non-working, but looking nice.  Turns out it was from the local Family Fun Center, they had put it in the warehouse ages ago, when it stopped working.  I have fond memories of playing Pole Position at the old Family Fun Center when I was a kid.  So, this is the actual arcade I would've played at 11 or 12 years old.  Nice.
I finally get to meet with Scott ( a super nice guy ) the owner of said Fun Center and exchange old war stories. 






No comments:

Post a Comment