Monday, December 13, 2010

Almost Complete

So this weekend, in spite of all the holiday responsibilities, I managed to almost wrap up this project.  The new High Score Save kit arrived from Braze Technologies.  A fancy new back door was finely crafted and painted, with a proper cam lock.  This time the door actually fit, amazingly enough, I guess I'm getting better at the wood working.  Of course I couldn't be bothered to snap a picture of it, who wants to see a video game cabinet backdoor anyway. 

The control panel was hastily painted and the t-molding applied to the front edge.  All the controls were re-assembled and cleaned.  New buttons will need to be purchased and installed, cause I'm just not happy with these anymore, too many cigarette burns and they're just too stained and nasty.  But the control panel looks nice and here you can see Mario in his white overalls.  Maybe in this early stage Mario had not yet achieved his lifelong dream of becoming a plumber.  Judging by his attire, I would say he was perhaps in the painting business.

I ordered the new cpo and bezel instruction cards from Arcade shop.  These small things really dress up the cabinet ( and distract you from my shoddy paint job).  The lower marquee bracket was replaced with a nice new one from arcade shop also. 

It's difficult to see in these photos but the bezel has a nasty scratch right down the center.  A whole lot of scrubbing with novus #3 and #2 and it looks much better, but still somewhat noticeable.


Lastly I wired up the coin-mechs,  although they are basically useless and unnecessary, they're working perfectly.  Now a coin box/drawer will need to be located as mine is missing, and the coins just fall into the bottom of the cabinet.  I'll likely just make a small box to do the job.

Anyway, it was a bit of a rush, and I would've done a much better job with this, but with everything going on this time of year, I 'm happy just to have the thing back together and ready for any and all hapless holiday visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment