Saturday, December 4, 2010

A little work between Christmas parties

So let's see, I managed to do almost nothing on this project today.  I masked off the orange areas of the kick panel and painted the black on each inside portion.  After that I attempted to paint the slots on the inside of the speaker grill by masking them off with tape and hitting them from the inside with some black spray paint. Well that turned out to be a big fat FAIL.  The paint ran down the back side of the tape and ruined the orange paint.  So that had to be repainted, and didn't quite look right after that.

Now to the t-molding. I needed to do something that I couldn't screw up.  I was blown away at how good the cabinet looked after installing the new bright white t-molding.  So I mounted the freshly painted coin door and took a few pics.  Not bad, I'm starting to think this is going to look pretty good when I'm finished.

Oh and Scott Brasington was having a holiday sale on all his high score save kits over at www.brasington.org/arcade, or Braze Technologies.  So I ordered the High Score Kit for DK jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment