Friday, August 26, 2011

Back at it again.

It's been way too hot to do any work in the garage, in fact it's been wicked hot this summer.  I turned my games on maybe once or twice, and was worried they would spontaniously combust.

I'm not sure what I was thinking in that last post, but Jim had that monitor back in tip-top-shape the next day.  The Wells Gardner 6100 looks fantastic, testing it on the Space Duel, it looks even better than the one in the Space Duel.  That's saying alot, cause it has a brand new tube.

My plan was to just find someone who could repair the Gravitar board, I tried the easy stuff.  At this point I just felt like getting started on the cabinet again.  After posting for help with the board on http://www.arcadeflorida.com/ and http://www.klov.com/ then not getting any interest,  I shipped the board out to Eldorado Games.  So, I'll just wait to hear from them. 

While hurricane Irene is churning out in the Atlantinc and heading up the east coast, I got started on the cabinet.  Odd thing about having a hurricane close by, they tend to pull dryer air in, which is a tremendous relief to being outdoors.  I was able to replace the four busted corners using a tracing bit on my router.  Replacing them with the new "copy" and gluing in place with a well placed biscuit joint.  Here are a few shots of the progress.