Saturday, October 8, 2011

Asteroids Deluxe

I have never owned a game that featured a cool black light effect.  So I started thinking that I wanted an Asteroids Deluxe for this reason.  Asteroids is likely one of my favorite games, I already own both a cocktail and the upright versions.   Asteroids Deluxe was released one year (1980) after the original, and features slightly different game play.  It has a cool mirrored display, the effect is that the images appear to be floating over a nice glowing deep space asteroid scene.  The best way to find something fast is to ask for it on the Village Forum.  I was offered one by Rob from Tallahassee, or Raikus as he goes by on the forum.  Here are some first shots I took of the cabinet.  The side art looks to be in pretty good shape.  Also, all the parts seem to be intact, except for a missing fuse block, and of course the back door.








As you can see, it's sitting on the ground, because it's missing the leg levelers.  Also the control panel isn't correct.  This one looks to be a reproduction decal meant for the original Asteroids, so that will need sorted.  

All things aside, the important bits are here, Rob has a great eye for finding a project, and this game should look nice when completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment