Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gravitar board returns

As you all know, I've been waiting on my Gravitar board to return from Eldorado Games.  Today, after taking my daughter to dinner,  it was waiting at the front door.  Nice!
So, with great anticipation, I rolled out the Gravitar cabinet and installed the board.  This last weekend I went through the game and double checked all the connections and voltages, so everything would be in order.  The board came up great, and after adjusting the colors and screen size it was looking fantastic.

My first impressions of the game:  It's very hard, and very addicting.  The sound effects are awesome, with the same deep bass explosions as Space Duel.  A few of the buttons are not as responsive as they should be.  They likely need cleaned.  The picture looks almost perfect with very little flicker.  Here is a quick video made with my iPhone:

1 comment:

  1. One of the best and most enjoyable arcade games ever made. It was just too hard for the masses.

    ReplyDelete