Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Xentek Power Supply

Today I started cleaning up what I could on the Tail Gunner 2.  The cables had all been wrapped up with electrical tape, so I took that all apart, and started examining the harness. 

The manual shows the monitor, power supply, and PCB all slide out as a drawer for easy access.  This wouldn't happen on mine, the cabinet had been modified somehow, so after removing the lower plywood section I was able to pull the drawer out and get a better look at the internal bits. 

I pulled the power supply out and cleaned it up.  After looking online, I located replacements for the two 13000MFD 50VDC capacitors.  My plan right now is to track down the remaining capacitors, and replace those.  Then I'll test and maybe replace the diodes and the one 2N6055 transistor.


No comments:

Post a Comment