Sunday, February 19, 2012

More water damage repair

The two back corners of the Asteroids Deluxe have water damage.  It's pretty common, and often I just let it go, and don't actually worry much about it.  Other times the damage is too great, and it simply wont hold the t-molding any longer.  In this case, it's time to try and patch or replace the corner section.

I'm not planning on replacing the side art on this machine.  My plan is to peel it back and glue it back down after replacing the corner.



Here is a pic of the corner with the bad section cut away.  I used the front corners to make a copy using the tracing bit and a router.  I then cut that new piece to fit on the back corner.  To hold it in place, I used glue and a biscuit joiner.
Once this is dry and feels solid, I'll reattach the artwork and route a groove for the t-molding to go around the outside.  This should clean up really well.

1 comment: