Thursday, April 21, 2011

First Work

The monitor that came with this game was in three pieces. So I decided to drop it off at Atari Jim's place. I really needed to find out if the monitor was going to be salvageable before going any further. So as soon as I got home from work, I gathered up the parts and headed over to Jim's. He seemed optimistic, so I'll move forward on this project, and wait to hear from him.

I cleaned the cabinet, inside and out tonite. I scrubbed down the artwork with Simple Green and a Magic Eraser. Surprisingly, almost all of what looked to be damage to the artwork was just dirt, and paint. I'm quite happy with the condition of the side art.

I removed the doorbell credit button from the front of the cabinet. I also cleaned the control panel. I'm not happy with the control panel, it's kinda beat. So I hope there's a reproduction available.