Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Caps

Friday I took a little time and recapped the Gravitar board.  The one 2.2 uF tantalum cap at C110 which had been shorted, and burned so badly on the board, was also replaced.  It still wouldn't display when I tested it in the Space Duel cabinet.  I checked the x and y outputs and the x was way low, around .6 something.  So I got online and ordered up the TL082 chips and sockets.

The garage was really looking like crap, there was just too much disorganization and mess going on.  The trashed out Zaxxon cabinet was in the way, and other various junk, that just wouldn't allow me to get much done.  So sometime around Saturday morning, I slammed back an energy drink and got down to cleaning up the mess and getting rid of stuff.  It turned out great, the garage is organized and the game room / work area is looking better than ever.

Sunday afternoon, I managed to get the AR II board rebuilt, and refreshed.  Here's a shot of it looking good with the new parts.

So as soon as I get a little time, I plan to clean up the bottom of the cabinet and rebuild the power brick, with new fuses, and a new big blue.  Hopefully the TL802's will do the trick for the main board and I'll have a working Gravitar by next weekend. =)