Sunday, April 26, 2015

First Steps on the new DK!

First stage is to see what I have here to work with.  The cabinet is delaminating a little.  I'm going to try gluing that back together before I add body filler.  I'm tempted to wash down the entire cabinet as it has that dusty smokey bar smell.

Today I stripped it all down and boxed up the parts.  I removed the monitor and hauled it up into the attic where hopefully it will be safe.  I left the power supply and harness inside but I'll likely remove those also.

The coin box shelf had been unscrewed on one side and had been pushed back, I guess to make room for the bogus front panel that someone added.  I'm guessing the original operator kept the coin door when he sold the game, and fitted it with the red plywood panel and credit button.  Fortunately that was an easy fix, the missing screws were in the bottom of the cabinet so it's back in place now.  I ripped off the thin plywood front panel and tossed it in the trash.  I've got to start looking for a coin door now and I'll need to cut out a new front panel.





No comments:

Post a Comment