Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sanyo 20-EZ gets a cap kit

I think this is either my second or third cap kit on a 20-EZ.  The one thing I remember is there is nothing EZ about removing the chassis from the monitor frame.  This thing has cables and cable clamps a plenty, and it's a real PITA to remove.

After getting the board out and blowing away as much dust as possible, it's a bit daunting when you look at all the numbers on the board.  However once you adjust your eyes a little, you'll see that the majority of the capacitors are indicated with a circle on the back side of the board.

I used to have a large piece of styrofoam that I would push the capacitors into as I was putting them in order. Somehow that isn't around anymore, so I did my best to line them all up on my work bench.  I do this and double check the values of each as I go.  I like to take my time, put on some music and pretend this is a leisure activity. =)


There are a bunch of caps in this kit!  After getting it all done, I like to wipe down the wires and anything else that can be cleaned with some Simple Green and a paper towel.  Before returning the chassis to the monitor frame I cleaned it up as good as possible.  For me it doesn't have to be spotless but getting rid of the majority of the dust and grime makes the whole thing look better and certainly smell better.

So here it is, a thing of beauty!  Indiana Jones would say, "It belongs in a museum"!






No comments:

Post a Comment